Rubber flooring is the floors that are made from the natural tree of rubber or from synthetic materials that are repeatedly recycled from vehicle tires. The material of this flooring owns high versatility, is highly durable demanding, and less maintenance. For accommodating heavy foot traffic like gym areas and hospitals rubber flooring is a good option. For homeowners, it provides plenty of choices in design and is a good surface option for improving the beauty of the space.
Features of Rubber Flooring
- Rubber flooring has a tough and resistant flooring
- For heavy traffic, this floor is a good choice.
- Suitable for hard-wearing surfaces, and they are easily cleaned
- Compared to other flooring types it is a bit expensive floor material. It is considered a good initial investment because of its toughness and low-maintenance cost.
Forms of Rubber Floors
Homogeneous or laminated are things from where this rubber floor is manufactured. Throughout the entire product, the Homogeneous rubber floors are of uniform color. Whereas, laminated floors have patterns and colors that are applied only on the top layer of the product.
- These rubber can come in the following types:
- Interlocking Tiles
- Square Edge Tiles
- Sheets or Rolls
1. Interlocking Rubber Floor Tiles: Rubber flooring in tile is more complex and colorful. They do not require any adhesive and they are installed by locking together.
2. Square Edge Rubber Floor Tiles: These rubber tiles are square and they also require glue to have a permanent installation.
3. Rubber Floor Sheet or Rolls: These floorings are laid in the form of wall carpet. Based on the longest length required the size is ordered.
Type of Rubber Flooring Materials
Rubber flooring products can be made either using latex, synthetic or recycled materials. Based on this, there are:
- Synthetic Rubber Floors
- Latex or Natural Rubber Flooring
- Recycled Rubber Flooring
1. Synthetic Rubber Floors
Compared to other types these are extremely durable rubber floors. When in the form of tiles its durability is 20 to 30 years. Synthetic Rubber Floors can be used in Bathrooms, cafes, hospitals, gyms, and kitchens.
2. Latex or Natural Rubber Floors
Compared to synthetic rubber floors this is less expensive. To some customers, it does give allergy issues. Natural rubber is a renewable rubber material, compared to synthetic material. Nature Rubber Floors are more susceptible to scuffs and tears
3. Recycled Rubber Floors
Recycled Rubber Floors are a maintainable choice with exceptional durability and high impact resistance. Compared to other rubber floor materials it is cheaper as the manufacturing cost is less.
Advantages of Rubber Flooring
The main advantages of rubber flooring are:
- The rubber floor is very easy to clean and its maintenance is very simple.
- They have high durability and High resilience
- It provides Insulation
- Rubber floor prevents underfloor heating
- Its installation is very easy and quick.
- On a rubber floor, all the dust and germs can be easily removed.
- These materials can also be reused
- Rubber floor is also available in different styles and colors
- They easily fits in any space and look Perfect
- Rubber floors can also withstand Heavy traffic and wear resistance