If you want to steal somebody’s attention, then work on your kitchen countertops. As this is the first thing one notices after entering your kitchen. So, when selecting the countertop for your kitchen, you need to make some important considerations. You should look beyond the appearance of the material and focus on the material, size and finishes as well. When you are choosing the material, there are a lot of options available, so our guide will help you select the best material.
- For a seamless look, you can pick anything from solid surfaces to the matte granite slabs. They come with an advanced mixture of minerals as well as pure acrylic polymers. These can be installed without any visible seams.
- If you want to consider natural beauty for your kitchen, then granite is always the top contender. In terms of organic color and patterns, there is no worthwhile competition for it. Since these stones occur naturally, the minerals will settle into each of the slabs very uniquely.
- Both quartz or granite countertops offer a wide variety of colors. You can pick playful colors as well as man-made pigments too.
Durability and maintenance
You need to assess your lifestyle in order to settle with the best countertop material. Consider the time you can invest in maintaining the slabs. All of these things will influence your countertop choice. Quartz is a clear win here as it is virtually an indestructible material and won’t require any special cleaning or maintenance. Granite is also a very durable option but it can crack under extreme heat. Further, it can also get stained or develop fissures if not handled carefully. But there is also no sealing or special care needed for the granite countertops.
If you want to pick eco-friendly materials and designs for your kitchen, then here is what you should go for.
- Granite is a natural product and needs to mined pretty carefully. Its transport must also be done carefully to not damage it a lot. Hence, for some homeowners, it cannot be termed as completely sustainable.
- Quartz is a very durable option and can be made anywhere in the world. These slabs contain a lot of prolific minerals and can also be recycled post usage.
Explore Kitchen Wholesalers quartz countertops today that come in wide varieties to suit your different needs and can give your kitchen an interesting makeover.