Have you ever flipped through a magazine and wished your home looked just like the luxury spreads you see? Well, interior design isn’t only for the rich and famous. There are plenty of ways to achieve high-end style without breaking the bank.
Here are 10 affordable tips to make your home look like a magazine spread:
- Get rid of clutter. This is the number one rule for achieving a magazine-worthy look at home. Clutter creates visual chaos and can make even the most stylish space feel cramped and uninviting. So take some time to declutter your home and get rid of anything you don’t absolutely love.
- Invest in some good storage. Once you’ve decluttered, it’s important to have a place for everything. Otherwise, the clutter will just keep coming back. Invest in some stylish storage solutions like baskets, bins, and shelves to help keep your home organized and looking chic.
- Stick to a neutral color palette. Achieving a luxurious look at home often means sticking to a neutral color palette. This doesn’t mean your home has to be boring, however. Add interest with texture and pattern using pillows, throws, rugs, and other accessories.
- Invest in quality furniture. Cheap furniture is one of the biggest interior design mistakes you can make. Not only does it look bad, but it doesn’t last long either. Invest in a few quality pieces that you absolutely love and your home will instantly look more expensive.
- Add some greenery. Plants are not only beautiful, but they also help purify the air in your home. So add a few green friends to your space to help give it a luxurious feel.
- Layer your lighting. Good lighting is essential for any stylish home. But you don’t have to spend a fortune on fancy light fixtures. Just layer your lighting by adding a mix of table lamps, floor lamps, and sconces throughout your space.
- Hang art at eye level. Art is a great way to add personality and style to your home. But don’t make the mistake of hanging it too high or too low. Instead, hang art at eye levelfor the best results. You can also create a gallery wall using a mix of different frames and sizes for a more eclectic look.
- Incorporate metallics. Metallics are a great way to add some glamour to your home. Use gold, silver, and copper accents throughout your space to help give it a luxurious feel.
- Add a touch of glamour. Every luxury home has a touch of glamour. Whether it’s a fur throw, a crystal chandelier, or a gilded mirror, adding a little bit of bling will go a long way in making your home look like a million bucks.
- Seek professional help. If you’re really struggling to achieve the magazine-worthy look you desire, seek professional help. A good interior designer from Salt Lake City or from any other state can help you pull everything together and create a space you’ll love.
By following these simple tips, you can easily transform your home into a luxury abode without spending a fortune. So get started today and see the difference for yourself!