Commercial buildings aren’t just brick and stone. Their architecture is more than that – the design is innovative, the concept of the building is really creative, the structure is strong and very practical, it’s made and installed with the best lights and ventilation system. These are the reasons that you should be very aware of the past experience of the architecture firm that you’re about to hire to start a commercial project. Some of the duties that belong to architect firms and not you are as follows.
- Getting the Design Approved is Their Job
The first thing that’s to be done after the blueprint is prepared is to get it approved by the state government. Every building has to follow certain safety laws (they differ from state to state). If the structure starts without an approval:
- The project can be stopped mid-way. If this happens, you’ll have to spend a lot of money in making amends in the design from the scratch so that it abides by all the construction laws in your area.
- The structure can also be demolished under the label of being an illegal construction.
So, whatever you do, make sure that the architect you hire makes a practical design that’s approved by the state officials.
A few examples of such successfully executed commercial projects by one of the best Canadian architectural firms, Stendel Reich architecte usine are as follows.
- Distribution centers like Shoppers drug mart and Provigo in Quebec.
- Factories and pharma centers like Delon, Perkin Elmer Vaudreuil, and Paccar.
- Food industries like Canada Bread Moncton, Canada Bread Woodstock, and Maple Leaf Winnipeg.
- Giving You a Cost Narrative is Their Responsibility
Every project runs on a budget. Hence, a prior idea about the cost of construction is mandatory; especially with commercial projects since their cost can overshoot by thousands of dollars if not executed as planned. Which is why it’s the job of an architect to provide you with approx expense numbers before you can hire a contractor to begin the construction. This is also another reason that the architects must:
- Help you in picking a contractor since they have an idea about the current construction market cost. This will save you from getting duped.
- Oversee the construction periodically since they’re the people who know the design they created in-depth. They can easily guide the workers to execute the design that’s practically a replica of the blueprint.
As long as you have such experienced architects working for you, you’ll have the best complexes in the city at your disposal, that will, in turn, be beneficial for escalating and establishing your brand value.